Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Blog 10 (Blog #13)

In my lab section, I let them do a programming assignment on Binary Trees. They were asked to solve the assignment based on my instructions. To do this, I explained everything on the board, then I asked them questions, I showed examples on the board, and finally I let them work on the assignment individually. At the end of the class, they filled up a survey for grading my teaching style.

For my peer evaluations, only two of my peers came. Unfortunately, Manali was unable to evaluate me since I only had two students in my class the day she was present. Lillian was the other student that evaluated me.

For my professional development plan, I'm still working on it; I just need to put everything together as I already got evaluated by my students.

For teaching, I still need to learn my limits and my weaknesses. That is, I know I want to teach everything, but I know that I can't teach everything in one semester. Also, I need to be more patient with my students.

I will follow all the advices and techniques I learned in this class to become a better teacher. Especially, I will improve my teaching philosophy, and based on this, I will follow a common pattern that fits my teaching styles.

No comments:

Post a Comment