Saturday, October 10, 2009

Blog #5 (Blog #8)

I have not observed any professors so far. But, I can get ahead of time, and hopefully, perform the same process that I am going to describe next.

I think my experience as an observer will not be something new to me. I have graded and observed students and professors before. The only difference is that I will be in a classroom with students and faculty from another department different from Computer Science. The idea of keeping track of the time and taking notes sounds like an easy task. However, I know by experience that I need to pay attention to the professor and students and be ready to take notes. The other thing I need to do is to analyze each student's questions (if any) that can be exposed in class. In this case, I need to analyze these questions from the student's perspective and write down the analysis in my notebook.

Finally, I will need to organize my concerns or possible questions that I can ask the professor at the end of class. Then, once I have all my data collected, I will have a small interview with the professor and ask her/him about how she/he felt during class, if there were any problems, and/or if the objectives for this class were met.

No comments:

Post a Comment