Monday, October 5, 2009

Blog #4(Blog #7) Development Plan

My individual development plan involves several scenarios that I want to accomplish in the short and long-term. For the short-term, the most important career goal is to complete my Master next year. So far, I'm struggling with my thesis in a sense that I need to come up with an algorithm. The problem here is that it takes time to master and research a lot of current and past works. I believe I can deal with these uncertainties by doing the same thing I'm doing right now. That is, I keep reading and reading research papers and books. I keep practicing problems, and I keep meeting with my team members and mentor every week. The actions I'm taking right need improvement. I need to practice more problems, and I need to answer all my doubts before next semester.

For the long-term, I see my career path taking two ways. Of course, I will only take one, but both ways lead me to the things I want. First, I have the path to my doctoral career. One of my goals is to have a doctorate in Computer Science, and I can see myself obtaining such a degree. I like the researching and coming up with new ideas in the field of Computer Science. I'm starting to like teaching too by the way. My second path is working in the industry doing what I like with a competitive salary. This can include Microsoft, IBM, and why not, Google. Working in one of these companies in the area of software development or software testing would make my career path successful also. The things I'm doing to accomplish either one of these two path are: to be diligent, enthusiastic, and dedicated to my career: Computer Science.

1 comment: